Clean drinking water is a VERY big deal. It is essential for good health and well-being.
Most of us understand that proper hydration is important to good health, and clean, safe, healthy water is important for proper hydration.
But finding the best clean drinking water solution can be tough.
Please don’t drink tap water
- Studies of municipal drinking water have shown that, despite government regulations, there are still many dangerous contaminants present in our water, even after it has gone through municipal water treatment facilities.
- Water treatment facilities often actually contribute to the problem by adding dangerous chemicals like fluoride and chlorine to water as part of the treatment process.
- The water regulations and treatment methods used in the U.S. are old and outdated and do little to address the assortment of toxic chemicals that are currently present in our environment. The Safe Drinking Water Act only regulates 91 potential water contaminants. Yet there are more than 60,000 chemicals used within the U.S., many of which have been identified as probable carcinogens.
- According to some estimates, there are now more than 2,100 known chemical toxins present in U.S. tap water.
- Additionally, many municipalities transport their water in antiquated, corroded pipes, which may leach toxic heavy metals into the water after it has been treated.
Bottom line: Tap water is loaded with toxic chemicals, radioactive contaminants, heavy metals, arsenic, pharmaceuticals, and other contaminants.
What about bottled water?
- The entire life cycle of bottled water uses fossil fuels, contributes to global warming, and causes pollution.
- More than 17 million barrels of oil are required to produce enough plastic water bottles to meet America’s annual demand for bottled water.
- According to the Container Recycling Institute, 86 percent of plastic water bottles used in the United States become garbage or litter.
- Bottled water is about 3,000 percent more expensive per gallon than tap water.
- Bottled water generally is no cleaner, or safer, or healthier than tap water. In fact, the federal government requires far more rigorous and frequent safety testing and monitoring of municipal drinking water
- Plastic bottle leach harmful chemicals that contaminate the water inside of them. Most plastic bottles are made from a material called polyethene terephthalate (PET). This material is known to release harmful chemicals, such as bisphenol A (BPA), into the liquids stored in them. BPA has been linked to a variety of health problems, including hormone disruption, reproductive issues, and cancer. Plastic bottles can also contain microplastics, tiny plastic particles that are less than 5 millimetres in size. These particles can leach into the liquids stored in plastic bottles and can be harmful if ingested. Research has shown that microplastics can accumulate in our bodies over time, leading to health problems such as inflammation, oxidative stress, and even organ damage.
Filter your own water at home
The best and most convenient way to gain access to clean, safe drinking water is to filter your water at home using a filtration system that filters out the contaminates in your water supply, getting cleaner, healthier, tastier water whenever you need it, right at your kitchen sink.
Don’t forget aboiut the bathroom. Making sure that the water you both drink AND put on your skin is safe is SO important. The skin is your biggest organ and can easily absorb contaminants while we bathe and shower.
Filtration Systems I recommend
My go-to for kitchen sink filtration and clean, good tasting water is MultiPure. (see 5% off coupon code below)
I’ve used MANY types of water filtration systems, and Multipure is the best choice when it comes to efficiency and price. Yes, it’s an investment, but water is the thing we consume MOST of every single day. Clean water is non-negotiable.
MultiPure has been around for over 50 years, and all of their products are NSF-certified, (accredited third-party certification for safety).
NSF certification requires continuous inspection and testing to make sure the certified company adheres to the highest standards of quality with respect to contaminant reduction.
My favorite MultiPure Kitchen Filters
The Multipure Aquaversa is a durable, stainless-steel water filter that can be placed on the countertop or below the sink. It provides all the taste and health benefits of Multipure filtered water, in a sturdy, easy-to-install package. Read more about the Aquaversa here.
The Multipure Aquaperform is similar to the Aquaversa but has the added benefit of filtering out arsenic. It can be used either on the countertop or below the sink. Read more about the Aquaperform here.
Need a wh0le house filter?
The Aquasource is a whole-house water solution, providing powerful filtration at the point-of-entry, and ensuring that every water source in the home delivers cleaner, more healthful water. This system installs in the garage or basement, near the water heater, as a fixed-location filtration system. Great for removing chlorine out of all the water in your home. Read more about the Aquasource here.
Shower and Bath Filters
The Multipure Aquashower connects quickly and easily in-line with most existing showerheads,
providing all the health benefits of Multipure dechlorinated water in your shower. Read more about the Aquashower here.
The Multipure Aquasplash bath dechlorinator provides the benefits of Multipure water without
the need for plumbing attachments – simply swirl the Aquasplash in the bathwater for 30 seconds
to reduce the presence of chlorine. The Aquasplash is great for children, infants, and pets.
How to purchase from multipure
- Visit the multipure website
- Select the filtration system that fits your household needs.
- You will need a distributor ID in order to purchase. My name: Katja Heino. Email: email@example.com Distributor ID: 436113
- Use my code to save 5% on your purchase. Coupon code: 436113
- Please reach out with any questuins. My goal is to help my clients get the best, safest water for every day use.